As I grew up I have heard many times that you should not give up. And if you quit, you will be labeled a loser because winners never give up.
Below are some of my favorite quotes that are so popular and I’m sure you’ve heard or read them.
- When you feel like Quitting: Remember why you started.
- Rise up against the odds.
- Rest, rather than giving up. And obviously many more.
But have you ever wonder if giving up truly makes someone a loser? Does this imply that a person is worthless?
We all have goals, whether they be long-term or short-term. We feel energized and enthusiastic when we start working toward our goal. We are so driven to achieve our goal that we will do whatever it takes. We are confident in our ability to do so.
But what if it remains unachievable for some unexplained reason?
Then we start to doubt ourselves, our level of confidence drop like a stone, we lose patience, and we feel stuck. We worry about what others will say.
No one can ever tell you when it’s right to give up. Only you have to understand when it’s over, not worth trying anymore. You must trust your instincts and gut feelings. You need to see the signs of the universe from time to time.
And before you give up, ask a few questions.
1) Will you be okay if you don’t get that particular thing you’re giving up now?
2) Did you give your best? If not, why not give it another shot?
3) Giving up should not be influenced by the fear of being judged if you fail again.
4) Will giving up improve your life? What do you stand to lose if you give up?
5) Do you have a backup plan?
6) Will it matter if you’re labeled a loser by others simply because you gave up?
7) What’s the opportunity cost – Let’s imagine you’re preparing for an exam, will it be worth it if you clear it in more attempts than you expected?
Although it is easier said than done, we must never give up. But you know what? Sometimes it’s best to give up. You may not realize it now, but you will not regret your decision in the future.
No, I do not encourage giving up. However, there are moments when you should understand what you want and what will make you happy in life, and then make the right choices at the right time.
Follow on instagram: @theintrovertseditorial for more! 🌸